Briars Junior Cricket
Registrations are NOW OPEN for all age groups and programs.
With over 600 juniors playing in teams each week, Briars Sports has one of the largest junior cricket clubs in the area. The junior club has been running for over 17 years, providing many children with the opportunity to play cricket and develop lifelong friendships along the way.
Teams range from Under 5 to Under 17 and together form the Concord Briars Cricket Club participating in the Inner West Harbour, Northern Districts Junior Cricket Association and the Sixers League in Sydney.
The Junior Competition provides opportunities for young people between the ages of 5 and 17 years to play cricket in a non-competitive and competitive environment.
|Under 5 to 7
|| Cricket Blast (Friday Evening)
||Cricket Blast (Saturday Morning)
|Under 9 to 12
||Inner West Harbour Junior Cricket Association (Saturday morning)
|Under 13 to 17
||Inner West Harbour Junior Cricket Association (Saturday afternoon)
Sixers Cricket League (Saturday afternoon & Sunday morning)
Thunder Cricket League (Saturday morning)
North Shore Junior Cricket Association (Saturday afternoon)
Seasons include a six week break at Christmas.
The format is non-competitive and all children get the same opportunities no matter what their ability is. Whilst we like to be competitive, the philosophy of the club is “A Fair Go for All”. Winning does not take precedence over participating.
U5 & U7 – Cricket Blast
- Focused on the development of fundamental cricket skills. Modified games. Approximately 1hr each Friday Night.
U8 – Cricket Blast
- Teams have a maximum of 7 players. All kids bat and bowl the same amount of overs. Approximately 1.5-2hrs on Friday night (one location), Saturday morning (one location) or Saturday morning (various locations).
U9, U10, U11 and U12 – Inner West Harbour Junior Cricket Association (IWHCA)
- Teams have a maximum of 9 players. All kids bat and bowl the same amount of overs. Approximately 1.5-2hrs each Saturday morning.
U13 thru to U16 – Thunder Cricket League
- Teams have a maximum of 11 players. Traditional cricket. Approximately 4hrs each Saturday morning.
U13 thru to U17 – Inner West Harbour Junior Cricket Association (IWHCA), Sixers Cricket League, Thunder Cricket League and North Shore Junior Cricket Association (NSJCA)
- Teams have a maximum of 9-11 players. Traditional cricket. Different formats include T20, T30 and T32, Approximately 2.5-4hrs on Saturday morning/afternoon or Sunday morning.
Players are to attend all training sessions as confirmed by the coach during the season.
Behaviour & Code of Conduct
All coaches, players, parents and guardians are expected to behave appropriately at all times and must agree to abide by the relevant Players Codes of Conduct and Coaches Codes of Conduct.
Depending on the Association running the competition, games are typically no more than 30 minutes away from Concord. See list of Home Grounds.
In the case of wet weather assume the match is on unless you hear otherwise. If in doubt, ring the Coach or Manager on their mobile or keep an eye on the relevant Association’s website.
Under 11 – 15 also have the opportunity to try out for representative positions with both the Inner West Harbour & Northern Districts Junior Cricket Association in Sydney.