With over 600 juniors playing in teams each week, Briars Sports has one of the largest junior cricket clubs in the area. The junior club has been running for over 16 years, providing many children with the opportunity to play cricket and develop lifelong friendships along the way.
Teams range from Under 5’s to Under 17’s and together form the Concord Briars Cricket Club participating in the Inner West Harbour, Northern Districts Junior Cricket Association and the Sixers League in Sydney.
The Junior Competition provides opportunities for young people between the ages of 5 and 16 years to play cricket in a non-competitive and competitive environment.
|Under 5 to 7s||Junior Blasters (Old MILO in2Cricket)||October||December|
|Under 8s||Master Blasters||October||March|
|Under 9 to 12||Inner West Harbour Junior Cricket Association||October||March|
|Under 13 to 16||Inner West Harbour Junior Cricket Association
Northern Districts Junior Cricket
|Under 13 to 17||Sixers League||September||March|
Seasons include a six week break at Christmas.
The format is non-competitive and all children get the same opportunities no matter what their ability is. Whilst we like to be competitive, the philosophy of the club is “A Fair Go for All”. Winning does not take precedence over participating.
U/5’s & U/7’s – Junior Blasters
- Focused on the development of fundamental cricket skills. Modified games. Approximately 1hr each Friday Night.
U/8’s – Master Blasters
- Teams have a maximum of 7 players. All kids bat and bowl the same amount of overs. Approximately 1.5-2hrs on Friday night (one location), Saturday morning (one location) or Saturday morning (various locations).
U/9, U/10, U/11 and U/12’s – Inner West Harbour Junior Cricket Association (IWHCA)
- Teams have a maximum of 9 players. All kids bat and bowl the same amount of overs. Approximately 1.5-2hrs each Saturday morning.
U/13’s thru to U/16’s – Northern Districts Junior Cricket
- Teams have a maximum of 11 players. Traditional cricket. Approximately 4hrs each Saturday morning.
U/13’s thru to U/17’s – Inner West Harbour Junior Cricket Association (IWHCA), Sixers League and Northern Disctricts Junior Cricket
- Teams have a maximum of 9-11 players. Traditional cricket. Different formats include T20, T30 and T32, Approximately 2.5-4hrs on Saturday morning and afternoon or Sunday morning.
Players are to attend all training sessions as confirmed by the coach during the season.
Behaviour & Code of Conduct
Depending on the Association of the competition, games are typically no more than 30 minutes of Concord. See list of Home Grounds.
In the case of wet weather assume the match is on unless you hear otherwise. If in doubt ring the Coachs or Managers mobile or keep an eye on the relevant Associations website.
Under 11 – 15’s also have the opportunity to try out for representative positions with the Inner West Harbour & Northern Districts Junior Cricket Association in Sydney.