The Responsible Service of Alcohol encompasses our responsibilities relating to minimizing the harm to our members and others resulting from the service of alcohol.
The Act effectively requires the Club to have in place procedures to adequately ensure that the issues raised in the Act are managed.
Briars at Greenlees Ltd, in the best interest of its patrons and the community promotes responsible serving of alcohol and sees it as vital for legal, health and community reasons. Our society is now less tolerant of the irresponsible use of alcohol that leads to drunkenness, drink driving and under age drinking. We are now far more aware of the serious social problems that are associated with such behaviour.
Briars at Greenlees has adopted the following strategies for the Responsible Service of Alcohol:
- Prohibiting unacceptable practises which could lead to the rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol, which includes but is not limited to ; the multiple supply of shooters, drink stockpiling , the supply of triples
- Preventing under-age drinking by insisting on “proof of age” by requesting drivers license, passport or proof of age card issued by the NSW Roads and Traffic Authority.
- Preventing intoxication by recognizing the signs of intoxication and avoiding serving anyone to the point of intoxication. We will deny entry or service to anyone who is already intoxicated
- If you are intoxicated our staff will refuse service and ask you to leave the premises, an intoxicated person is not permitted to stay on the premises by law – unless they are a risk to themselves
- We will promote the service of non-alcoholic beverages and food.
- The supply of no more than 2 alcoholic drinks to an individual at any one time during an open bar and the supply of no more than 4 drinks to an individual at any one time during regular bar trading
- Any person found to be buying drinks for an intoxicated person will be refused further service and asked to leave the premises
Foul or abusive language or behaviour or improper conduct towards members, guests or employees or causing damage to club property will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
Our policy at Briars at Greenlees is very clear – we want all guests to enjoy themselves. We are here to serve people with alcoholic beverages, professionally, in a friendly manner and responsibly.
This policy in no way limits people’s choice to drink and enjoy themselves. We want all customers to enjoy themselves. What we do not want to do is allow people to drink to excess and place themselves, our patrons and the community at risk.
By working together as a team we can create a safe, enjoyable and friendly atmosphere for all.