Items to take into consideration when
Briars Sports re-opens on Monday, 1st June
The re-opening of Briars Sports is under strict controls, in line with the latest information from NSW Health. At this stage, under these restrictions, we will be able to permit 110 seated customers at any one time in our venue, this includes adults and children.
BRIARS SPORTS OPENING HOURS
Sunday to Thursday: 10am -10.30pm
Friday & Saturday: 10am – Midnight
THE BACKYARD AT BRIARS OPENING HOURS
Monday to Sunday: Midday – 8pm
The Backyard will not be taking any online bookings, this is a temporary measure. First in best dressed.
ENTRY TO THE CLUB
All patrons – members and visitors will be required to sign into the club and provide a contact phone number or email. This is a requirement to assist in the management if a COVID-19 case were to arise. We would also like to encourage patrons to download the COVIDSAFE app on their phone.
PROMOTIONS AND ENTERTAINMENT
Happy Hour from 4 – 6pm & poker on Monday and Thursday night will resume as usual when Briars Sports opens on Monday 1st June, all other weekly promotions and entertainment have been placed on hold until further notice. These activities will resume as soon as current restrictions are lifted.
We have taken the following steps to comply with the current requirements.
Hand sanitiser units have been placed throughout the venue. Please use hand sanitisers provided and follow the instructions on the signage placed around the venue.
We have implemented strict cleaning procedures and placed additional signage regarding adherence to the 1.5 metre Social Distancing policy and NSW health HELP STOP THE SPREAD. We ask that all patrons practice good hygiene and maintain social distancing. More importantly do not visit the venue if you are feeling unwell.
Our venue will adhere to comprehensive health and safety standards designed to protect you and our team. We have modified the layout of our venue to ensure social distancing. While you are in the venue you are required to remain seated and not stand and congregate. We ask if you are using our outdoor smoking areas to vacate the area once you have finished your cigarette. This is to allow other patrons to also use the area. As per the rest of the venue the outdoor areas will be restricted to the number of persons permitted at any one time.
- Alcohol-based sanitiser will be available in each area of the Club
- Gaming machines and stools will be wiped down in between use and will display signage that it has been sanitised.
- Additional cleaning staff will be tasked with ensuring that restrooms are disinfected several times throughout the day as well as wiping down tables, lift buttons, and railings
- Group seating will be limited, and seating will be spaced apart to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- The Backyard staff and bar staff will be providing table service and will take your drinks & food order once you are seated. The Backyard’s menu will be displayed on the Briars Sports in-house screens.
- Our team will be actively monitoring all areas of the Club to ensure that social distancing is being observed.
- Although we are not required to take patrons temperatures, we do ask that anyone who is unwell to refrain from attending the Club.
- Please observe good personal hygiene including covering coughs and sneezes with the inner elbow or clean tissue. Avoid touching the face, eyes, nose, or mouth and refrain from physical contact with others such, as hugging or shaking hands.
We will keep you updated as further changes are made to the restrictions and look forward to you returning to Briars Sports and by helping us in stop the spread, we hope to return to a new form of normalcy soon.