In light of the recent developments of COVID-19, the management at Briars Sports want to assure everyone that we are monitoring and assessing the situation closely to ensure we act promptly and in accordance with NSW Health and Australian Government recommendations and directives.The well being of our members, guests and staff is our highest priority, and our measures to manage this are for the long-term safety of all.
Measures that Briars Sports are taking:
- We will monitor patrons entering the club for signs of illness and may request that people displaying flu-like symptoms stay away from the Club
- Frequent sanitation of “high touch areas”, which include the bathrooms, door handles and buttons
- Ongoing cleaning of the venue throughout the day
- Areas within the club will be monitored regarding number of patrons per square metre as per current government regulations
- 5-Sanitising units will be installed at the club on Wednesday, 25th March for additional hygiene purposes
- The Backyard has removed self-service cutlery from dining areas. Cutlery will be provided by staff with your meals
- Continuous review of cleaning policies in accordance with NSW Health recommendations
All scheduled weekly entertainment will continue, with Briars Sports continuing to operate as a safe and reliable venue.
Measures you can take to keep our venue safe:
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water
- Maintain social distancing
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in contact with
- If you begin to feel unwell in any way or show any signs of flu-like symptoms such as runny nose, sore throat or cough, we ask that you stay away from the Club for the wellbeing of all members and guests
- If you have recently returned from overseas, you must self-isolate and NOT attend the club until 14 days have passed and you show no signs of being unwell
We thank you for your continued support of Briars Sports and your cooperation in observing the new hygiene protocols so that we can ensure a safe environment for all and continue to create a place for everyone to enjoy.