eNews #5 February: Senior Men’s & Women’s Trial Matches
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Registration System – Issue Resolved
- Senior Men & Women Trial Matches
- LAST Saturday Pre-Season Fitness Session
- SAVE THE DATE – Season Launch Event
- Junior Coaches Needed – CORRECTION U15C’s & U17C’s
- Junior Training Continues
- U7 & U9 Minkey Dates
- Briars Sports Club AGM – Feb 23
- IMPORTANT DATES
- Useful Links
REGISTRATION SYSTEM – ISSUE RESOLVED
The registration system glitch I mentioned in last week’s eNews has now been resolved. Please make sure to read the Registration types and special notes section prior to registering so you know which fee type to select.
To register for 2020 simply click on the button below and then select RENEW.
SENIOR MEN & WOMEN TRIAL MATCHES:
This weekend we are running our first set of trial matches for all senior men’s and women’s teams. These are all internal trials and players are to arrive at least 15min before the allocated time slots for the grade they would like to trial for. The following weekend Men’s SL teams will have trial games against Ryde.
Below is a full list of game times, if you have questions about trials or are unable to attend please contact:
MEN – SATURDAY 22ND FEBRUARY @ CINTRA
- 1pm – 2pm – 7th grade/6th grade/5th grade
- 2pm – 3pm – 5th grade/4th grade
- 3pm – 4pm – 4th grade/3rd grade
- 4pm – 5pm – 3rd grade/2nd grade
- 5pm – 6pm – 2nd grade/1st grade
WOMEN – SUNDAY 23RD FEBRUARY @CINTRA
- 9am – 10am – Social teams
- 10am – 11am – 5th and 6th Grade and social teams
- 11am – 12pm – 4th and 5th grade
- 12pm – 1pm – 3rd and 4th grade
- 1pm – 2pm – 2nd and 3rd grade (1st grade to be ready to play at 1.30pm)
- 2pm – 3pm – 1st and 2nd grade
MEN – SATURDAY 29TH FEBRUARY VS RYDE @ RYDE
- 11:00am – SL6 (7thGrade)
- 12:30pm – SL4 (6thGrade)
- 2:00pm – SL2 (5thGrade)
- 3:30pm – SL1 (4thGrade)
LAST SATURDAY PRE-SEASON FITNESS TRAINING:
The LAST Saturday pre-season session will again be at FIT Mortlake – 23 Tennyson Rd Breakfast Point and at the delayed time of 9:45am – 10:45am.
SAVE THE DATE – SENIOR SEASON LAUNCH EVENT:
We are getting ready to launch the 2020 season and would love you to save the date!
When – Saturday 14th March 5pm – 7:30pm
Where – Briars Sports Club – Backyard Deck
JUNIOR COACHES NEEDED – CORRECTION – U15Cs & U17Cs:
In last week’s eNews I put the call out for junior coaches, and I listed the incorrect teams. There are 2 Junior teams still requiring a coach and they are U15C’s and U17C’s. If you are interested in coaching either of these teams James would love to hear from you.
All Junior coaches receive free playing fees for them or their child, and for those who may not have coached before, but a passionate about developing kids in sport then we have will provide you with guidance, resources and access to experienced coaches to set you up for success.
James Fordham | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
U11 – U17 JUNIOR TRAINING CONTINUES THIS WEEK
REMINDER that training commences for our U11 – U17 teams from this Wednesday 12thFebruary. ALL Junior teams will now train on Wednesday evenings.
U7 & U9 MINKEY DATES:
Our U7’s and U9’s will begin their weekly training on Wednesday 25thMarch and will follow the schedule below:
- Weekly training starts – Wed 25th March 5pm – 6pm (3 weeks of training before school holidays)
- No Training 15th or 22nd April – 2 weeks of School Holidays
- Weekly training recommences – Wed 29th April 5pm – 6pm
- Minkey Competition Round 1 – Sat 2nd May – continues until late August in school terms
BRIARS SPORTS CLUB AGM – 23 FEB:
Briars Sports Club will be holding their AGM from 10am – 11am on Sunday 23rdFebruary at the club. All hockey members are invited to attend.
UNIFORM & SHIRT NUMBERS:
A reminder that all Briars Hockey uniform items can be purchased from our uniform supplier xpress promotions via the link below. For senior men and women you require a shirt number to be able to purchase a playing shirt. Please contact the contact people below to be allocated a shirt number, or remind you of what yours is!
Below are the important dates for the Junior’s, Men’s and Women’s playing groups. Please review these lists each week for new important dates will be added as they become available.